• Are a current student at an NYC-area college or university, in any major
• Welcome challenges and responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter who’s reliable and conscientious
• Demonstrate next-level organizational skills and attention to detail
• Give everything 10% more than it requires, and feel there is no task too small
• Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone, over email, and in person
• Have strong values alignment with VFA and are excited about our mission
What You’ll Do:
• Work 10-20 hours a week at our Manhattan office
• Pitch in on all major events and organizational priorities, from recruiting and selecting our next class of rock star Fellows to planning major events
• Work closely with one department at VFA (see below!) – we’ll help you determine the best fit for your interests and skill set
• Manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship – again, we’ll help you figure this out
VFA Departments Hiring Interns:
• The Community Growth team is responsible for building a class of the most talented, interesting, and high-character Fellows we can find by doing on-campus recruitment and marketing. We’re looking for someone to manage the logistics of the spring recruitment season, coordinate on-campus recruitment events and the Community Marketing Internship program, and help manage communications with candidates.
• The Marketing team handles everything related to the VFA brand and helps amplify our message to the right audiences. We’re looking for someone to help manage our website and blog, assist with PR efforts, and create awesome, on-brand content for VFA. Desire to pitch in on photo, video, or design work is also a huge plus!
• The Operations team manages the internal processes and systems that keep the VFA ship afloat. We’re looking for someone to specialize in data management and help us with data cleanup and process streamlining.
• The Programs team runs the ongoing training, job support, and skill development opportunities that transform our Fellows into value creation machines, beginning with our summer Training Camp. We’re looking for someone to help with all aspects of preparing for Training Camp, building out curriculum and schedules, networking with trainers, and interacting with newly accepted Fellows to help them gear up for their summer in Providence.