What would eventually become The Dinex Group began to take shape when Daniel Boulud left his position as Executive Chef at New York’s famed Le Cirque in 1992. The following year, with the help of Lili Lynton, a trusted friend and savvy investment professional, and the financial backing of Joel Smilow, former Chairman of Playtex Products, the chef went on to open Restaurant DANIEL. Soon thereafter the restaurant would attract significant media acclaim and a highly coveted four star rating in The New York Times and three stars in the New York City Michelin Guide. Today, The Dinex Group operates 16 restaurants, including seven in New York City and an additional seven in national and international destinations.
Fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the areas of PR, Marketing, Event Planning, Social Media and Design with a leading New York City based, international restaurant group.
The intern position will learn how to represent and promote a portfolio of established restaurant brands in creative ways and be introduced to and work with some of the best and brightest talent on the NYC culinary scene and will get a behind the scenes look at how food, drink and service intersect.
Intern will gain a comprehensive understanding of both the Marketing/Public Relations discipline and duties include but are not limited to: food trend and internet research, media monitoring, media list management, data entry, special event staffing, pitch writing, social media monitoring and engagement. The intern will report directly to the department Publicist, with dotted line to PR & Marketing Director.
• Seeking a passionate, hardworking, organized individual with strong creative writing skills.
• Candidates must have a professional and pleasant demeanor and a desire to learn within the hospitality industry.
• Previous office administrative experience and working knowledge of all basic computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, etc.).
• Commitment to working minimum 2 days a week, or equivalent hours.
• The internship will last approximately from beginning of September through December
• Requested commitment of 15-20 hours per week, depending on course load.
TO APPLY send resume and writing sample(s) to Lauren Young at The Dinex Group – email@example.com.
Opportunity to be offered a full time position with The Dinex Group.