About RF Binder:
RF|Binder is a full-service public relations agency headquartered in New York with an office in Boston; bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and South Florida; and a global network of partner agencies in 30 countries.
The company was founded by Amy Binder who today serves as its chief executive officer. She is committed to building on the traditions of her father, David Finn, and her uncle, Bill Ruder, who founded Ruder Finn in 1948 and are recognized as pioneers and thought leaders in public relations.
Our goal in forming RF|Binder was to create a different kind of agency – one that combines the resources of a large agency with the advantages of a sophisticated, boutique consultancy. We are committed to giving clients greater senior management involvement, a more responsive working relationship, and better value in results and costs. This model produces world-class work and enables us to attract the best talent and clients.
By embracing traditional, digital and emerging methods, RF|Binder helps its clients manage corporate and brand reputation by focusing on issues most important to the organization, the industry, and influencers who impact key stakeholders. RF|Binder knows how to prioritize these audiences and how to tap the most effective communications channels to reach them. We develop our programs by looking at an entire corporation and crafting messages that resonate with all target audiences—from customers to Wall Street, government to the media.
We aggressively use research, intelligence and measurement to drive business results for our clients. Our disciplined creative process results in the kind of breakthrough thinking that separates good from great work. Six central ideas drive our creative philosophy:
Authenticity We know that ideas must be grounded in a brand’s unique voice, and must support the brand’s business.
Connection We tell stories that resonate with a variety of audiences: employees, the media, thought leaders and consumers.
Simplicity We believe that less is more; the best ideas are brilliantly simple.
Diversity Our creative process thrives with a variety of points of view.
Execution We translate creativity into success through flawless implementation and detailed, dedicated execution.
Exceeding Expectations No creative idea is ever final until our client loves it.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
RF|Binder’s Internship Program is designed to introduce college students to the public relations business. Interns will have the opportunity to be involved in media relations, writing, research and organizing and attending special events. Interns are assigned to account teams based upon interests and needs and will work under the direct supervision of an account team manager. The duration of the Internship Program is 8-10 weeks.
Applicants should be rising junior or rising senior college students who are eager to learn about the public relations business and are interested in a creative, challenging, fast-paced and stimulating environment. College students pursuing all academic majors are considered for the Internship Program.
Internship Applicants must possess:
• A strong academic, extracurricular, and professional profile
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Application / Selection Process
Submit the following: 1) Cover letter; 2) Resume (including GPA, major, expected graduation date); and 3) an essay (250-350 word maximum) in response to TWO of the following questions:
1. Digital and social media continues to be a huge focus and priority in public relations. How do you think social media has changed the way companies interact and/ or build relationships with their consumers and vice versa? Do you think it’s a positive or negative shift for our society/media?
2. Public relations professionals often describe their jobs as multi-faceted and constantly evolving to keep up with trends and emerging media. What does public relations mean to you and what specifically draws you to the practice? What industries or services interest you most and why?
3. If you had a personal blog, what would it be titled and what would you write about? How would you publicize your blog and encourage followers/readers?
DEADLINE: February 29, 2016. Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line must read “2016 Internship Application.”
Applicants will be contacted after review of their written application materials and submissions regarding next steps.