RF|Binder is a full-service public relations agency headquartered in New York with an office in Boston and bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles and South Florida. We were established as a subsidiary of the Ruder Finn Group in 2001. Today, we are an independent company. Our goal in forming RF|Binder was to create a different kind of agency – one that combines the resources of a large agency with the advantages of a sophisticated, boutique consultancy. We are committed to giving clients greater senior management involvement, a more responsive working relationship, and better value in both results and costs. This model produces world-class work and enables us to attract the best talent and the best clients.We have deep experience in the food and beverage, financial services, education, wellness and nutrition, technology and innovation and consumer lifestyle industries. We are also particularly well-known for our outstanding brand development work and our corporate CSR programs. . We have a global footprint, with a partner network of hand-picked, independent agencies in 25 countries around the world.
RF|Binder’s Internship Program is designed to introduce college students to the public relations business. Interns will have the opportunity to be involved in media relations, writing, research and organizing and attending special events. Interns are assigned to account teams based upon interests and needs and will work under the direct supervision of an account team manager. The duration of the Internship Program is 8-10 weeks.
Applicants should be rising junior or rising senior college students who are eager to learn about the public relations business and are interested in a creative, challenging, fast-paced and stimulating environment. College students pursuing all academic majors are considered for the Internship Program.
Internship Applicants must possess:
• A strong academic, extracurricular, and professional profile
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Application / Selection Process
Submit the following: 1) Cover letter; 2) Resume (including GPA, major, expected graduation date); and 3) an essay (250-350 word maximum) in response to TWO of the following questions:
1. Digital and social media continues to be a huge focus and priority in public relations. How do you think social media has changed the way companies interact and/ or build relationships with their consumers and vice versa? Do you think it’s a positive or negative shift for our society/media?
2. Public relations professionals often describe their jobs as multi-faceted and constantly evolving to keep up with trends and emerging media. What does public relations mean to you and what specifically draws you to the practice? What industries or services interest you most and why?
3. If you had a personal blog, what would it be titled and what would you write about? How would you publicize your blog and encourage followers/readers?
DEADLINE: February 28, 2015. Email completed applications to email@example.com and the subject line must read “2015 Internship Application.”
Applicants will be contacted after review of their written application materials and submissions regarding next steps.