Boutique fashion PR agency specializing in lingerie brands. We handle PR, Social Media & Event Planning for clients.
Boutique fashion PR agency seeking full & part time interns for the Fall semester, August through end of December (availability through January preferred). Full time hours M-F 9am-6pm; 3 full day/week commitment for part time. Internships are compensated on a stipend rate of $25/day (in addition to credit).
This is not a "run and get coffee" internship - our interns are a part of the team and hold a lot of responsibility. If you're looking for an internship just to have on your resumé, this is not the place for you. This is the place for you if you have a strong interest in fashion PR and want a fast-paced, hands-on environment to both learn in and apply your skills. We have fun yet are hard-working, are laid-back but deliver results -- and are hoping to find this combination in you as well!
The ideal candidate is not only motivated but enthusiastic, proactive, punctual, results-driven, extremely organized and an unabashed perfectionist. You are a creative problem solver and pride yourself on being one of those people who thinks "outside the box," can execute tasks under minimal supervision, and are a pro multi-tasker. You are willing to work hard, are inquisitive, and want to learn about the in's and out's of PR - you want to understand not only the tasks you are given, but why you are doing them and how they fit into the larger scope. The thought of getting a product placed in the pages of ELLE or securing a news feature on Style.com excites you. The thought of simultaneously pitching & liaising with editors, sending samples out to shoots, running multiple Facebook Fan Pages & Twitter accounts and planning two upcoming events at the same time doesn't scare you. You stay on top of not only current fashion & pop culture news, but also news within the PR & social media industries. Sound like you? Keep reading.
Day to day tasks consist of:
- Writing. Writing is the foundation of PR & Social Media, so there will be a lot of it. Press releases, pitches, Facebook content, Tweets, etc.
- Press outreach & correspondence
- Sample pulls & trafficking
- Media list updating & research
- Social Media Marketing - creating and implementing content for Facebook Fan Pages, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram accounts
- Event planning – We’ll be gearing up for season three of Lingerie Fashion Week taking place in February, engaging in venue scouting, sponsor outreach, brand outreach, celebrity outreach, collaborations, logistics coordination, sourcing production elements, etc.
- Light administrative tasks - answering the phone, scanning/copying, the occasional errand, etc
Candidates must meet the below requirements:
- Must be a current student. PR/Communications/Journalism majors preferred.
- Have an interest in PR, social media, events and the fashion industry.
- Prior internships in fashion PR, social media & related fields are a plus.
- Must a) be a strong writer (both traditional writing AND writing for social media) and b) like to write.
- Must be proficient in Twitter, Facebook Fan Pages, Pinterest & Instagram.
- Be a hard worker. Fashion PR is NOT all fashion shows & parties like you see on the The City and Kell on Earth. It's day-in & day-out hard work, research, writing, pitching, list updating, etc that does lead to exciting things, BUT your typical day is not going to be a fashion show. Be prepared to work, and to work hard.
- Have a GPA of minimum 3.0.
- Have your own laptop you can bring to/from the office with Microsoft Office Suite installed. Excel, Word & Outlook (PC) or Entourage (Mac) are a requirement.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Resumé + writing samples (press releases, blog entries, etc)
2. Social media samples (if available) – samples tweets, pins, Instagrams, Facebook Fan page posts, etc.
4. Laptop - what kind, year, do you have Microsoft Office with Outlook (PC) or Entourage (Mac)?
6. Proficiency/experience in above requirements
7. Your top 5 magazines and top 5 blogs. (Can be fashion, industry, etc)
8. Why you would be great for the position!