RICHPR is an established boutique PR agency based in New York specializing in fashion & lifestyle brands. Founded by entrepreneur Lauren Rich immediately upon graduating college (FIT) in December 2006, RICHPR has since grown into a respected, innovative and committed full service agency representing both emerging and established brands. RICHPR offers clients a full range of writing + creative, publicity, social media and event production services.
RICHPR also just recently launched LingerieFW, the first Fashion Week dedicated exclusively to the intimate apparel industry. Season one is taking place February 2013 with season two to follow this August.
Boutique fashion PR agency seeking full & part time time interns for Summer + Fall. Please note we require a minimum time commitment of 5-6 months for all internships so cannot take Summer only. Full time hours are M-F 9am-6pm; ideally seeking a commitment of 3 full days/week for part-time. Internships are compensated on a stipend rate of $25/day (in addition to credit).
This is not a "run and get coffee" internship - our interns are a part of the team and hold a lot of responsibility. If you're looking for an internship just to have on your resumé, this is not the place for you. This is the place for you if you have a strong interest in fashion PR and want a fast-paced, hands-on environment to both learn in and apply your skills. We have fun yet are hard-working, are laid-back but deliver results -- and are hoping to find this combination in you as well!
The ideal candidate is not only motivated but enthusiastic, proactive, punctual, results-driven, extremely organized and an unabashed perfectionist. You are a creative problem solver and pride yourself on being one of those people who thinks "outside the box," can execute tasks under minimal supervision, and are a pro multi-tasker. You are willing to work hard, are inquisitive, and want to learn about the in's and out's of PR - you want to understand not only the tasks you are given, but why you are doing them and how they fit into the larger scope. The thought of getting a product placed in the pages of ELLE or securing a news feature on Style.com excites you. The thought of simultaneously pitching & liaising with editors, sending samples out to shoots, running multiple Facebook Fan Pages & Twitter accounts and planning two upcoming events at the same time doesn't scare you. You stay on top of not only current fashion & pop culture news, but also news within the PR & social media industries. Sound like you? Keep reading.
Day to day tasks consist of:
- Writing. Writing is the foundation of PR & Social Media, so there will be a lot of it. Press releases, pitches, Facebook content, Tweets, etc.
- Press outreach & correspondence
- Sample pulls & trafficking
- Media list updating & research
- Social Media Marketing - creating and implementing content for Facebook Fan Pages & Twitter accounts
- Event planning, management & production – We’ll be gearing up for season two of Lingerie Fashion Week taking place in August. Event duties include coordinating logistics, sponsor outreach, brand outreach, celebrity outreach, collaborations, model casting, venue scouting, invitation distribution & RSVP management, sourcing production elements, etc.
- Light administrative tasks - answering the phone, scanning/copying, the occasional errand, etc