SHE is a story-telling platform with a powerful message. The platform shares the stories of young female entrepreneurs who have started their companies from the ground up. The women of SHE are diverse in their backgrounds and industries, but alike in their ability to create highly successful and visible companies by their own volition. Among their accolades, the women have been honored in Forbes’ 40 Under 40, Glamour Magazine, Elle, Marie Claire, CNN.com, the Wall Street Journal, and elsewhere. The mission of SHE is to bring these narratives to life, and thereby inspire other young women to pursue similar ambitions.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Please note that the internship will be virtual, with in-person touchbases on Fridays.
• Self motivated, dependable, responsible, honest and able to work independently
• Passionate and inspired to support SHE’s mission
• Professional or educational experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and/or writing
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent writing skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, database programs, the internet, electronic media
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Develop content and disseminate targeted communications including social media posts, written web content, and featured stories
• Coordinate with media outlets in order to create partnerships and outreach opportunities
• Assist in managing internal communication with partners and clients
• Assist with other administrative responsibilities, as needed
Benefits & Perks:
The internship will provide excellent exposure to working within the start-up environment, and the selected intern will work closely with the company’s founder in order to help manage weekly functions at the business. In addition to offering experience in Digital Media, Communications, and Marketing, the intern will have the opportunity to work directly with clients in order to build excellent professional experience.
Internship Description of Duties:
Exciting opportunity for those interested in women’s advancement, digital media, and/or communications work: SHE the media platform that shares the stories of female millennial entrepreneurs, is looking for Fall Communications and Digital Media interns. We’re looking for passionate interns who can assist in making media inquires, writing, and handling some of the day-to-day functions at the company. Please note that the internship will be virtual, with in-person touch bases on Fridays.
12-15 Hours Per Week