Based in Los Angeles, Shelter PR are passionate public relations experts who specialize in entertainment, music, philanthropy, fashion, lifestyle and pop culture who offer a range of services. Shelter PR enables their clients to navigate today’s complicated world while ensuring their identity, message, beliefs and ideas that make up their persona/project are communicated as effectively and positively as possible.
Shelter PR’s internship is a hands-on program offering students a wide variety of experiences from researching, to drafting press releases and memos and preparing pitch documents. Interns will gain insight from publicity professionals in the entertainment industry. We offer a friendly and energetic culture at our beautiful Los Angeles office.
· Have a genuine interest in public relations, awards, and events, and preferably prior experience in the field through relevant course work and other internships
· Participate in account brainstorm and team meetings
· Monitoring industry and client news
· Observing publicists pitch clients to press/media
· Researching and building media and press lists
· Creating press coverage reports
· Monitoring editorial calendars
· Ideal candidates are positive, energetic, trustworthy and driven
· Good communication/interpersonal skills
· Strong writing skills
· Creativity in brainstorm sessions
· Be comfortable speaking on the phone
· Solid research skills
· Familiarity with Cision, IMDb Pro, and other PR databases is a plus
· Executing miscellaneous projects for team members
· Providing general administrative support
· Current students studying PR, Journalism, Marketing, Film Studies, or Communication are preferred.
Applicants must be in school and able to receive school credit for the internship. Roughly 15 hours a week. Must have your own form of transportation. We are specifically looking for LA central interns who are juniors/seniors from four-year universities. Must submit a resume and cover letter.