Based in Los Angeles, Shelter PR are passionate public relations experts who specialize in entertainment, music, philanthropy, fashion, lifestyle and pop culture who offer a range of services. Shelter PR enables their clients to navigate today’s complicated world while ensuring their identity, message, beliefs and ideas that make up their persona/project are communicated as effectively and positively as possible.
Shelter PR’s internship is a hands-on program offering students a wide variety of experiences from researching, to drafting press releases and memos and preparing pitch documents. Interns will gain insight from publicity professionals in the entertainment industry. We offer a friendly and energetic culture at our beautiful Los Angeles office.
Interested candidates must have good communication/interpersonal skills, strong writing skills, creativity, be comfortable speaking on the phone, and have a genuine interest in public relations. Current students studying PR, Journalism, Marketing, or Communication are preferred.
· Monitoring industry and client news
· Creating press coverage reports
· Building and maintaining press lists
· Researching and building media lists
· Drafting press materials such as press releases, bios/fact sheets, press kits
· Drafting memos and schedules for clients and events
· Participate in account brainstorm and team meetings
· Monitoring editorial calendars
· Providing general administrative support
· Coordinating editorial coverage results
· Executing miscellaneous projects for team members
· Observing publicists pitch clients to press/media
· Working screenings and submitting recaps
· Ideal candidates are positive, energetic, trustworthy and driven
· Good communication/interpersonal skills
· Strong writing skills
· Creativity in brainstorm sessions
· Be comfortable speaking on the phone
· Solid research skills
· Have a genuine interest in public relations, and preferably prior experience in the field through relevant course work and other internships
· Familiarity with Cision, IMDb Pro, and other PR databases is a plus
· Current students studying PR, Journalism, Marketing, Film Studies, or Communication are preferred.