About SILO Music:
What are we looking for? Do you notice when dope music is used in a TV show, Film, Commercial or Video Game? Are you looking to get an insight into the music industry and to get your hands dirty on the licencing & business end? SILO: is a boutique music sync engine that works with Music Supervisors in the United States and around the world. At our core, we value music and the Artists and Writers we work with. Our aim is to act as a sync incubator and develop Artists and Writers through music placements in TV, Film, Commercials, Video Games and all other media. Our model enables Artists and Writers the flexibility and freedom to not get tied up contractually, allowing them to explore and exploit their music in anyway they wish. Our ideal Intern candidate is someone smart, quick, organized, willing to learn and work hard. Someone with a love and knowledge of music and that wants to learn about licensing and the business aspects of the music industry.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
What will you learn?
• How a small boutique start-up and music studio runs and operates.
• How to create and execute a 6-12 month music release and marketing schedule.
• Assisting with creating marketing commination’s for SILO’s releases and building relationships with Music Supervisors.
• Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, and other media accounts.
• Assisting with the project management of SILO’s creative projects dealing with artists, producers and songwriters.
• Assisting the Head of Business Development day-to-day business administration tasks.
• An overview of how licencing and music publishing works
• Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What we require?
• A desire to learn all you can about the music industry
• A love for and knowledge of all types of music
• Some experience in Marketing and Communications would be desirable
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office and Google Docs
• Some knowledge of design suites (Photoshop / illustrator) would be desirable
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Creative and Flexible
• Familiarity with social networking sites desired
We are a small boutique company, but we will value you as an intern and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will leave with a knowledge of the music industry from a licensing perspective. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment for a start up organization and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the Music Supervision field. Details: The position begins ASAP. You are expected to work 15 -20 hours a week and will be paid all expenses (Travel / Lunch) with a possible bonus at the end of the contract term depending on performance. To apply please submit your application email and resume to Jack Ormandy @ email@example.com
15-30 Hours Per Week