Knock Knock's tag line: "We put the fun in functional."
Knock Knock is founded on and dedicated to the development of witty, design-driven product consisting of books, gifts, and stationery that serve to bring humor, function, and organization to everyday life.
A. Role Overview
The Social Media and Marketing Intern will support the Knock Knock Marketing department in online and offline marketing initiatives. They will help the Marketing and Digital Coordinator (MDC) maintain the Knock Knock blog and Knock Knock’s social media landscape, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. Learning to write in the witty, well-informed Knock Knock voice is key for fulfilling this position. This individual will also aid in researching for ongoing marketing strategies and viral campaigns within the competitive marketplace with the goal of driving traffic to the Knock Knock e-commerce site. In addition, this position will help with PR efforts as directed by the in-house Publicist, including research for media outreach. Overall, the Social Media and Marketing Intern will learn how a coordinated marketing strategy, which integrates social media, PR and traditional online advertising, is planned and executed, while experiencing the unique perks and advantages of working for a small, entrepreneurial company.
B. Primary Responsibilities
• Assist MDC as needed in advancing the company’s social media, digital, and marketing initiatives.
• Assist Marketing team in brainstorming and executing contests and promotions on social media channels.
• Research potential publications, websites and blogs, for which Knock Knock product might be a good fit.
• Maintain Knock Knock’s blogger outreach list.
• Assist in writing and researching content to post on social media channels.
• Assist Publicist with other forms of outreach as necessary, including media list development, press sample mailings, etc.
• Stay aware of viral memes that are applicable to Knock Knock’s efforts.
• Help develop and adapt viral techniques.
• Research the competitive landscape for currently successful approaches to social media.
• Assist with Knock Knock’s video efforts.
• Assist in general admin support for marketing team.
• Working toward undergraduate degree; current enrollment at a college or university, and ability to perform internship for college credit.
• Time commitment is flexible but should be at least two days per week, divided into no shorter than half-days.
• Extremely strong Internet knowledge, usage, and interest.
• Proficiency in various social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
• Strong editing and fact-checking skills, with an eye for detail and correct language.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Facility in Adobe Creative Suite and any video editing software a plus.
• Good judgment.
• Proven self-starter, highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced creative environment.
• Own laptop, for use both on- and offsite.
If interested, please peruse our website, Facebook and Twitter page(s) at www.knockknockstuff.com, and then send a letter describing why your abilities would be a good fit with Knock Knock along with your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media and Marketing Intern” as the subject. Please note this is a for-credit only internship position.
Inquiries that do not include these elements will not be considered. Do not contact us by telephone. EOE.