About Society 805:
Society805.com is a lifestyle website that focuses on the quality and lifestyle of Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties from Westlake Village to Santa Barbara and beyond. Readers can depend on the website for its exciting mixture of style, entertainment, wellness, recreation, shopping, fine dining, fine wines, family, events, arts and culture, travel and let us not forget the wonderful residents of one of the most exciting and beautiful regions in California. We bring you the people and places that make the 805 hum.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
We are looking for social media interns to help build our social media presence.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred).
Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
What You’ll Do:
• Create and publish content across Society 805 social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
• Curate visual storytelling on Instagram and Pinterest
• Create & maintain a Social Media Content Calendar
• Coordinate real-time social media publishing at events and/or during Twitter Chats, Google Hangouts etc.
• Evaluate and interpret weekly social media metrics as well as compile weekly and monthly social media reports
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Are an avid user of social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
• Have a great eye for good design and constantly scour the web for inspiration
• Self motivated, have a positive attitude and are a true team player
• Have a flawless command of spelling, punctuation and clean grammar
• Ability to turn every headline into a must-read
• Ace organization and prioritization while being a stickler for details and deadlines, you’re able to work autonomously and effectively manage your time
• Proactively stay aware of social media best practices and standards
• Love a collaborative, fast-paced, startup environment
• Are creative with an eye for design
• Energetic, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Majoring in Marketing, Business or Communications or similar preferred but not necessary.
• You have experience in social media and/or community management
• Experience in writing and a passion for fashion, lifestyle, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation
• YOU MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, CALIFORNIA PREFERRED, BUT NOT NECESSARY.
Please send a cover letter with your resume, telling us a little about yourself. Please put in the subject line "social media intern", email them both to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not follow details applying for this internship, you will automatically be disqualified.
Note: This internship is located in the Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties.
15-30 Hours Per Week