Women Empowered is a nonprofit organization committed to the empowerment of women through volunteerism, mentorship, and networking. www.women-empowered.com
Women Empowered is an organization that connects, educates and supports women of all ages and backgrounds, and inspires them to give back to their communities through mentorship, networking and volunteerism.
Women Empowered was founded in 2008 and gained nonprofit status in 2010. WE is committed to empower, inspire, and build community, and is comprised of professional and philanthropic women. We are huge advocates of women entrepreneurship as well as health and fitness.
Women Empowered is about women supporting women, expanding their business contacts, networking, giving back, mentorship, finding their voice as a woman, and overall empowerment of self and others.
WE provides the following:
Professional Development Workshops
Community Service Days
Health and Fitness Activities
Marketing and Promotion of Entrepreneurial Members
The Social Media Intern will oversee all social media platforms. You will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for our brand.
• Create and maintain a blog content
• Blog once a week - EVERY Tuesday
• Create lists of blog topics
• Create lists of keywords and implement keywords in blogs
• Communicate exciting social media news (internal and external)
• Be in tuned with all women’s issues
• Keep voice true to the organization
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc. daily
• Facebook posts: 2-3 times a day
• Tweets: 8-10 times a day
• Schedule posts using Hootsuite
• Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Report findings to the team
• Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
• Monitor and engage on various social media platforms
• Contact Social Media leads about our services
• Internet research to find and engage with social media communications
• Familiar with Twitter and Facebook
• Passionate about Social Media
• Friendly and conversational
• Excellent writing skills
• GPA at least 3.0
• Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
• Must be comfortable with media outreach
• Excellent follow-up and persistence
• Fast Learner