Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
We are looking for interns who have the gift to tell a story, to tell the world about life in the 805. Society 805 has several journalist intern spots available in the following sections:
Food & Wine
- this section is all about food and wine. In the past, writers created their own columns and one of our most successful columns is Chef's Corner. This is a great section if you have a flair for writing about food and are knowledgeable about wine or if you are tenacious enough to research and write about it.
Mind Body & Spirit
- this section features articles written about Nutrition, Fitness, Health, Beauty and a beauty blog. (As a writer in this section one of the perks is you get to try out beauty products for free.) The writers of this section have some of our most read articles.
Lifestyles - there are two sub-categories-
Spotlight on Businesses -features articles on businesses within the 805
People in the 805 - features interviews about people living or working in the 805
Arts & Culture (Art & Culture Internship)
- we currently have no openings at this time however you can still apply for the internship and we will keep your information on file.
- this section is a work in progress; it is our mission to become the voice for fashion in the 805. This is a great opportunity for individuals who want a career as a fashion writer. We are looking for individuals who have an understanding of fashion and creativity in fashion. You will have to research the latest trends and forecasts, know how to write about it and have the ability to tie it in with local boutiques in the 805. You will also have the opportunity to cover fashion shows and attend fashion networking events on behalf of Society 805 / fashion blog (http://fashioninthe805.blogspot.com/) . This is one of our most visible sections of the publication, especially during Fashion Week.
MOST ARTICLES WILL HAVE THE WRITERS BYLINE CREDIT.
YOU are responsible for writing stories about life in the 805.
YOU will write engaging articles across topics such as lifestyle, technology, food & wine, arts/theater, fashion/beauty, travels, fashion and shopping.
YOU will interview people of interests throughout the 805 region, this will include new business owners, existing business owners, philanthropists and celebrities.
YOU will help grow our social media platforms.
YOU will help transcribe interviews.
YOU are a TEAM PLAYER.
-Experience with an Internet publishing company, a plus.
- Experience researching and writing outstanding, original content, a plus.
- Excellent creative writing skills, attention to detail, grammar, and spelling. Prefer a BA/BS in journalism, English, or communications, but not necessary.
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editing programs.
-Creative & resourceful, a go-getter who does whatever it takes to get things done.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledgeable of current social media trends and tools, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Has own laptop and Smartphone.
- Professional phone and email etiquette.
-You will be expected to meet twice a month for a meeting with the editor and other writers to assist in development of content which will be conducted through Skype, Face Time or in person.
-Post at least one or more articles per week.
-When conducting interviews you are expected to be on time and be professional at all times.
Internships are to begin immediately, and to last a minimum of 3 months. We expect each intern to dedicate at least 15 hours a week. (virtual or in the office if a desk is open)
How to apply:
Please submit writing example (as if you are writing for an actual publication) and a brief bio about yourself , tell us why you want to write for Society 805. Please put in the subject line " Summer Journalist Internship 2015". We will not accept your request if you do not follow these guidelines. Submit to email@example.com