Step Up Women’s Network is a national nonprofit membership organization dedicated to strengthening community resources for women and girl through four areas: direct service programs for underserved teen girls, professional mentorship and development for women, women’s health education and advocacy, and social networking.
The intern positions are open to be filled immediately for a minimum 6 month period and are extendable. A minimum of two days or 20 hours per week is required. Some evening hours may be necessary for events. The position is unpaid.
Benefits of Volunteering with Step Up
• Opportunity to work for a national women’s non-profit organization on the cutting edge of women’s philanthropy
• Training in non-profit management, strategic communications and all around best non-profit business practices
• Opportunity to work with Women’s Health and PR/Membership Committees
• Resume building experience tailored to your interests and skills
• Attendance at high level events with the opportunity to network with dynamic women
Graduate-level students are preferred; however, Step Up will consider candidates studying for their bachelor’s degree or with 2+ years of office experience. The selected candidates will have the following additional qualities:
• Passionate about our mission and women’s issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
• Strong attention to detail and care to deliver quality, professional work
• A flexible self-starter that does not require heavy supervision
• High level of organization and the ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook