Step Up Women's Network is a national non-profit membership organization dedicated to strengthening community resources for women and girls. Through teen empowerment programs for underserved girls, professional mentorship and social networking opportunities, we educate and activate our members to ensure that women and girls have the tools they need to create a better future.
Step Up is on the cutting edge of women's social philanthropy. The organization's strength stems from our members' ability to leverage their personal and professional skills and relationships to "Invest, Involve and Inspire" in the community. Our programs are designed to engage women in a way that inspires a life-long commitment to responsible, philanthropic involvement encompassing hands-on volunteer work and leadership opportunities.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Seeking volunteers/student interns to assist the Women’s Program Manager with the overall growth and strategic direction of membership and dynamic programming in Los Angeles, as well as to assist with the day-to-day administration, operations, and logistics. Specific duties include:
• Researching potential speakers and appropriate funding options via grants and sponsorships.
• Post-event tracking (attendance, memberships, stats)
• Preparing materials for volunteer, fundraising, professional development, or other Step Up events
Updating online member database
• Making phone calls and writing letters/emails relating to membership, events, fundraising and programs with members, donors, potential sponsors, and other program partners
• Assisting with event production
• Managing prospect, membership, and business information and materials in the Step Up database and by other means
• All other office administrative support and special projects as needed
Are there any specifications or requirements for students to apply ?
Internships are 3 months in length starting immediatly. Step Up will consider candidates studying for their bachelor's degree or with 2+ years of office experience. The selected candidates will have the following additional qualities:
• Passionate about our mission and women's issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
• Strong attention to detail and care to deliver quality, professional work
• A flexible self-starter that does not require heavy supervision
• High level of organization and the ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Benefits & Perks:
12-15 Hours Per Week