Step Up Women’s Network is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to connecting and advancing women and girls. By bridging communities of professional women and underserved teen girls through mentorship, networking and advancement, we ensure women and girls have the opportunities they need to create a better future.
Simply stated, Step Up connects you to the professional women you need & the underserved teen girls who need you.
In this position you will assist the Women’s Program Manager with the overall growth and strategic direction of special events and membership strategy in Los Angeles, as well as to assist with the day-to-day administration, operations, and logistics within Step Up’s offices. Specific duties include:
- Researching potential speakers and appropriate funding options via grants and sponsorships.
- Post-event tracking (attendance, memberships, stats)
- Preparing materials for volunteer, fundraising, professional development, or other Step Up events
- Updating online member database
- Making phone calls and writing letters/emails relating to membership, events, fundraising and programs with members, donors, potential sponsors, and other - program partners
- Assisting with event production
- Managing prospect, membership, and business information and materials in the Step Up database and by other means
- All other office administrative support and special projects as needed
This position starts immediately and runs through December. Step Up will consider candidates studying for their bachelor's degree or with 2+ years of office experience. The selected candidates will have the following additional qualities:
- Passionate about our mission and women's issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail and care to deliver quality, professional work
- A flexible self-starter that does not require heavy supervision
- High level of organization, great time management, and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Benefits & Perks:
15-30 Hours Per Week