Who we are
Offering the nation's largest lineup of alternative ETFs, ProShares’ mission is to free investors from the constraints of conventional investment strategies. We help investors build better portfolios by providing access to alternative investments delivered with the liquidity, transparency and cost effectiveness of ETFs.
ProShares launched in 2006 and today offers a broad array of alternative ETFs designed to serve a range of investor needs. Our ETFs cover the spectrum from strategic to tactical and from conservative to aggressive.
Why you might consider working with us
What kind of person are you? Do you adapt well to change? Do you like to challenge the status quo? At ProShares, no matter what skill and experience set each of us brings, we all share the same ideals. We like to challenge assumptions. We are nimble and thrive in environments of continuous change. We believe in teams, not stars. We have a strong ethic of personal responsibility. And we're always on the side of our clients—we've built our business by listening to them.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
This position provides support to the Investment and Product Development Functions within the Strategy Group.
Essential Job Functions :
1. Assist with research projects; topics include financial market return and liquidity analysis, fund performance analysis, risk measurement, strategy testing and portfolio construction issues.
2. As instructed, prepare slides, tables, and charts.
3. Assist in research, catalog and track academic and quantitative practitioner articles of interest to the Strategy Group.
4. Assist in setting up and monitor reports with performance metrics on ETFs, activity levels, etc., using Bloomberg in coordination with Marketing/ Investment Analytics staff.
5. Conduct analytics on Product Development concepts
6. Assist in developing analysis of competitor products and business opportunities
7. Work on developing periodic reporting on new fund launches and mutual fund flows
Education and Experience:
1. BA/BS or Masters degree program, finance or economics emphasis preferred or commensurate additional experience.
2. Interest and experience in empirical analysis and statistical techniques applied to financial markets or investment products.
3. Expertise in analysis of time series data in Excel or other statistical software, Powerpoint experience, strong writing skills and demonstrated attention to detail and rigor in the research process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Analysis: basic familiarity with portfolio management, financial markets, returns and risk measurement; work process must be efficient and appropriate to task complexity and importance; exploits all available information / sources / resources in context of work assignment; demonstrates ability to extract significant conclusions from analysis
• Communication: demonstrates a general understanding of the business context and critical issues; actively seeks clarification of requests/deliverables to ensure full understanding; effectively structures and asks probing questions
• Creation of Deliverables: demonstrates full proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; all work produced is clear and logically structured, of high quality (e.g., accurate, attention to details, grammar, syntax, spelling, layout, etc.); assumes full ownership for deliverable quality and timeliness
• Attention to Detail: strong focus on details and ability to complete projects according to a defined process
• Individual Attributes: exhibits constructive, team-oriented cooperative attitudes and behavior; ability to multitask; demonstrates initiative in developing self professionally; demonstrates high energy; organized; consistently applies research experience; highly reliable and discrete
Benefits & Perks:
Company will pay transportation costs to office, i.e. metro or parking. On site yoga and zumba!
15-30 Hours Per Week