Studio Lambert is a fast-growing independent television production company based in London and Los Angeles.
It specializes in creating and producing entertaining, non-scripted programs for the UK, US and international markets. It launched in Soho, London, in March 2008 and six months later opened a US office in Culver City, CA. In the US, it is currently producing shows for CBS, NBC, Style, Lifetime, and MTV and in the UK for TruTV and Channel 4.
Based in London, chief executive Stephen Lambert is responsible for ground-breaking programs in Britain and America such as Wife Swap, The Secret Millionaire, Faking It and, most recently, Undercover Boss.
The US team is led by President Eli Holzman, the former head and co-founder of Miramax Television, who created the Peabody award-winning hit Project Runway. Eli also served as president of Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst Films, where he developed and launched Beauty & the Geek. Amy Hussey is the SVP of Production and she has worked on such projects as Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and was the EIC for RDF USA on Wife Swap as well as a production executive for MTV.
Studio Lambert is backed by All3Media, a global group of production companies and an international distribution company. Please go to our website for more information www.all3media.com.
Please ask as many questions as you have. Your internship is a learning experience. If you’re not sure why you’re doing something, ask. It will help you see the big picture and understand how production works. If you don’t understand how to do something, ask. It’s better to do it right than have to do it again. If you don’t have anything to do, check with Ashley first and then ask around to see if anyone needs help. If there’s something that you’re interested in, please let us know and we will get you more involved.
We ask that you arrive on time, be proactive and stay busy. We work in a fast-paced environment. Communicate with your direct report regarding any scheduling conflicts and call ahead if you’re running late. We understand that you are a student and other obligations may come up, so we are very flexible and happy to accommodate any changes in your work schedule.
As an intern for SL you will be assisting with many tasks. On your first day, you will learn the following:
• How to answer phones at Studio Lambert
• How Eli, Amy and other execs want their phones/messages answered, taken or transferred
• How to greet people coming in for meetings and where they need to go
• How to work copy and fax machine
• How to check for faxes and distribute them appropriately
• Familiarity where everyone is physically located
• Introduced to key office personnel
• Parking map and where to park at Studio Lambert
• How to prioritize/chain of command
• A contact sheet to familiarize yourself with staff and key people
Our office situation is unique from other production companies because we are very fortunate to have all aspects of production set up right here in one location. The following is a list of what you can learn from each department:
• Developing & researching new show ideas
• Going on set or location during tapings
• Logging tapes
• Creating storyboards
• Writing treatments
• Coordinating talent for pitches
• Sitting in on development meetings
• Brainstorm strategy
• How to create a sizzle reel & development presentation
• Pitching techniques
• Release binders for deliverables for each network
• Legal documents including talent agreements, deal memos & vendor contracts
• Miscellaneous legal affairs
• Booking locations and obtaining releases & permits
• Cost reports
• Production calendars
• Movie Magic programs
• Contract & wrap binders
• Various production coordination duties like creating call sheets, schedules & production reports
• Learn how to use to Avid
• Participate in viewing & taking notes for recent episodes
• Creating post production schedules
• Story producing binder organization
• Work on both HD & SD shows and learn the difference between the 2
• DVD duplication
• Label DVDs & Tapes
• Advance your knowledge of Final Cut Pro
• Assist producers in finding bites
• Learning all aspect of post production from story producing, editing, post management & tape vault management
• Office coordination between all Studio Lambert shows
• Advanced training in all office programs and how they are used in production
• Production Accounting
• Resume development & consultation
• Understanding the Studio Lambert business model
• International relations with our UK headquarters & other SL offices
• How we as a production company interact with major the television networks and maintain strong industry relationships
• Administrative assistant duties & etiquette as well as “good to know” tips about the industry and working for high level executives
Candidates MUST be able to receive credit for this internship.