About Style Girlfriend:
Style Girlfriend is for real guys seeking real advice from a friendly, female perspective. The style principles found on SG apply equally to guys living in big cities, small towns, and everywhere in between. Because no matter where you are: when you look good, you feel good.
And that kind of conﬁdence? Well, it’s contagious.
These days, Style Girlfriend oﬀers guys daily lifestyle advice and inspiration from a friendly and supportive female perspective. Topics range from food and ﬁtness to travel and home, and of course, personal style. With this encouragement, guys learn how to look great and feel more conﬁdent.
This approach has captured the enthusiasm of thousands of grateful readers, as well as brands like the NFL, H&M, Visa, Rogaine, and eBay, SG also appears regularly in fashion, menswear, and lifestyle publications and websites including GQ, Esquire, Details, Lucky, Huffington Post, and Men’s Health.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Who We’re Looking For:
– an energetic and proactive student with a strong interest in men’s fashion and social media
– available 10-15 hours per week
What You’ll Do:
– support our design needs with image creation and curation for the site and social media
– create impactful graphics, marketing materials, and layouts
– present design research and design recipes as needed
– additional responsibilities as available and qualified
Skills You’ll Need:
– Exceptional communication skills, in person and online
– Social media savvy
– An eye for styling and composition
– Design and video software proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, FinalCut Pro, iMovie…)
– familiarity with tools like Google Analytics a plus but not necessary
Benefits & Perks:
We’re a small team, and the right dedicated, hardworking person will have opportunities to participate in every area of the company and grow their role during their time with us. Even better? You'll be able to attend industry events and be on the ground floor of men's fashion.
Internship Description of Duties:
Style Girlfriend is looking for a design intern for the fall 2016 semester who wants to help men dress, date, and live with more style. Be a part of the popular daily lifestyle resource that lets guys around the globe in on practical and entertaining advice from a friendly, female perspective. We’re searching for an NYC-based intern who is ready to share their design skills with an audience hungry for information presented in a beautiful, stylish way. The ideal candidate is a creative machine who is eager to help shape the design aesthetic of the site and help execute beautiful content both on the site and across social media. We’re a small team, and the right dedicated, hardworking person will have opportunities to participate in every area of the company and grow their role during their time with us.
12-15 Hours Per Week