Style Girlfriend is looking for a superstar social media intern for the fall 2017 semester. Be a part of the popular website sharing practical and entertaining lifestyle advice from a friendly, female perspective with men around the globe.
The ideal candidate is a creative machine who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet, and all things (men’s) style. We're looking for a trend-loving self-starter with excellent judgment and communication skills, and who is organized and detail-oriented when it comes to getting sh*t done. If you're the friend who keeps all your friends up to date on the latest memes, trends, and news, we want to talk to you.
This is a semester-long position starting the first week of September. Ideally, you’re in NYC, though we’re open to a remote role for the right candidate.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– an energetic and proactive student with a strong interest in both men’s fashion and social media
– available 10-15 hours per week
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• help drive traffic to stylegirlfriend.com and increase our presence and follower count across our owned social channels through strategic social content creation and dissemination
• Read and watch Style Girlfriend content and find creative ways to adapt stories and videos to new platforms.
• Assist Style Girlfriend editors with finding/creating content that will engage our followers across platforms, especially Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
• Monitor the internet for fun trending news opportunities to tie our content to, search for things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet.
• Monitor and engage in discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels on behalf of Style Girlfriend.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED:
• Understanding of social platforms (especially Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram), and why certain content on different platforms becomes popular.
• Proven organizational and administrative experience.
• An eye for styling and photo composition
• Ability to view data and pull key takeaways and spot trends.
• Working knowledge of media creation software (Photoshop, Illustrator, FinalCut Pro, iMovie…)
• Familiarity with tools like Google Analytics a plus but not necessary
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
– school credit
– valuable experience with the in’s and out’s of a daily style website
Along with your resume, email a short blurb on why you’re a good fit for Style Girlfriend, and describe/create 3-5 examples of content you think our social audiences would enjoy. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org (in the body of email is fine), links to the relevant places you live online, and your available start date.