About Susan Magrino Agency :
Susan Magrino Agency is an award-winning, preeminent lifestyle public relations agency with over 20 years of experience and success. The agency specializes in public relations, marketing, and communications for the world’s most revered brands in travel, food, wine & spirits, and consumer goods. Susan Magrino Agency combines breakthrough creative and big ideas with unparalleled strategic insights and intelligence to achieve marketing and business goals for every client. Visit www.smapr.com to learn more about the agency.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Susan Magrino Agency, a leading public relations, events and branding firm, located in New York City is seeking brilliant, highly motivated interns for our internship program. Our internships provide an opportunity to acquire valuable experience and connections within the PR and Media industries.
Learning experiences and assignments will include:
• Updating critical media lists which will provide you with the opportunity to familiarize yourself with key print, online and broadcast media contacts spanning through various categories including but not limited to: travel, food, consumers, and business
• Understanding account administration by helping to create clip books or media monitoring
• Learning media and competitive set research
• Understanding and familiarization with all steps and levels of event planning including concept development, venue research, invitation creation, event décor, catering selection, list management, RSVP management and night-of-event experience
• Involvement with PR outreach, contact with the media, tracking clips and overall brainstorming ideas to create excitement
• Gaining knowledge of key sourcing and vendor contacts within the PR and Media industry
• Understanding and development of strategic planning as well as time and account management skills
Requirements/Skills: Interns must be actively enrolled in college or university public relations, marketing, communications, or other related program. It is necessary for our interns to have the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, an aptitude to interact professionally with clients, and practice good judgment. Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, ability to research, and communications skills are necessary.
Our internships are unpaid and for school credit only.