About SUSAN MAGRINO AGENCY:
Founded in 1992, the Susan Magrino Agency is a public relations, events and branding firm, located in New York City, specializing in marketing-based programs and campaigns, with expertise in a number of lifestyle arenas.
The Susan Magrino Agency focuses on quality and long-term strategies enabling clients to generate ongoing, targeted press coverage that positively affects the bottom line, and supports their overall business goals. Our mission is to bring our considerable experience in public relations, highly motivated and energetic team, intimate client service, creativity, reliability and unwavering commitment to do an outstanding job on every assignment for all our clients.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Susan Magrino Agency, a leading public relations, events and branding firm, located in New York City is seeking brilliant, highly motivated interns for our internship program. Our internships provide an opportunity to acquire valuable experience and connections within the PR and Media industries.
Learning experiences and assignments will include:
• Updating critical media lists which will provide you with the opportunity to familiarize yourself with key print, online and broadcast media contacts spanning through various categories including but not limited to: travel, food, consumers, and business
• Understanding account administration by helping to create clip books or media monitoring
• Learning media and competitive set research
• Understanding and familiarization with all steps and levels of event planning including concept development, venue research, invitation creation, event décor, catering selection, list management, RSVP management and night-of-event experience
• Involvement with PR outreach, contact with the media, tracking clips and overall brainstorming ideas to create excitement
• Gaining knowledge of key sourcing and vendor contacts within the PR and Media industry
• Understanding and development of strategic planning as well as time and account management skills
Requirements/Skills: Interns must be actively enrolled in college or university public relations, marketing, communications, or other related program. It is necessary for our interns to have the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, an aptitude to interact professionally with clients, and practice good judgment. Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, ability to research, and communications skills are necessary.
Our internships are unpaid and for school credit only.
Benefits & Perks: