About Participant Media:
Participant believes that a good story well told can truly make a difference in how one sees the world. Whether it is a feature film, documentary or other form of media, Participant exists to tell compelling, entertaining stories that also create awareness of the real issues that shape our lives.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
TakePart.com, the digital division of Participant Media, is looking for editorial interns to contribute to our daily national news website with a focus on the issues and causes that are driving conversation on the Web. We’re looking for interns with a passion for covering education, environment, food, health, animals and social justice issues.
The ideal candidate will be self-starting, web savvy, a good writer and a quick learner who can translate these issues into informative, shareable and impactful blog posts, lists, and stories.
At the completion of this internship, successful candidates will have a large quantity of clips to share with future employers.
• Researching and writing original content, such as features, lists and photo essays that connect the news of the day to the causes and issues our readers care about.
• Pitching ideas for original features
• General research and editorial support tasks.
• Previous reporting and writing experience is required
• Knowledge of HTML, SEO, and social media best practices is preferred
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
15-30 Hours Per Week