Participant believes that a good story well told can truly make a difference in how one sees the world. Whether it is a feature film, documentary or other form of media, Participant exists to tell compelling, entertaining stories that also create awareness of the real issues that shape our lives.
TakePart.com, the digital division of Participant Media, is looking for editorial interns to contribute to our daily national news website with a focus on the issues and causes that are driving conversation on the Web. We’re looking for interns with a passion for covering education, environment, food, health, animals and social justice issues.
The ideal candidate will be self-starting, web savvy, a good writer and a quick learner who can translate these issues into informative, shareable and impactful blog posts, lists, and stories.
At the completion of this internship, successful candidates will have a large quantity of clips to share with future employers.
• Researching and writing original content, such as features, lists and photo essays that connect the news of the day to the causes and issues our readers care about.
• Pitching ideas for original features
• General research and editorial support tasks.
• Previous reporting and writing experience is required
• Knowledge of HTML, SEO, and social media best practices is preferred
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus.