YourTango is looking for an ambitious and creative intern for an Event Planner internship. You will be working closely with our marketing team and surrounded by creative professionals. We have ambitious plans, so if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love the event planning (whether you’ve planned a large event or not) - we'd love to talk.
YourTango is a cutting-edge website about love and relationships with a large and growing audience. We are looking for someone to assist us with our event planning for our first annual conference in 2011. You will work with our internal staff, the YourTango Experts, who are dedicated relationship experts, plus potential exhibitors, volunteers and customers to help organize an event that increases the visibility, brand, membership and traffic for YourTango and YourTango Experts.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
* research conference ideas and opportunities
* increase user engagement, expand our social reach and build buzz for the conference & YourTango Experts
* assist in creation of marketing campaigns for the conference
* experiment with new & alternative ways to leverage social media activities for conference visibility
* monitor trends in conference planning and appropriately apply them
* establish new online relationships using social media
* identify, monitor, "befriend" and post comments on external blogs/forums where appropriate
Our ideal candidate is someone with:
* a background in marketing, event planning or related field
* an interest and some involvement with social media tools and techniques
* stellar interpersonal and communication skills
* a natural sense of urgency; ability to juggle many initiatives at the same time
* willingness to experiment & is self-driven
* exceptional writing and social media skills. We need someone who is naturally outgoing, loves to communicate with others and happy/content to share ideas in a virtual team setting.
Benefits & Perks:
12-15 Hours Per Week