Tastetracker is the meaningful way to rate and share all the things you love. We are a social sharing mobile app based on a proprietary system to quantify and analyze the inner workings of taste. Ultimately, opinions help define who we are – so a social network driven by taste is a massive opportunity to unify consumers around shared perspectives.
Tastetracker is an early stage investment-backed startup located in Brooklyn, NY. A private Beta version of the app just launched, and the public version will be available in the summer.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Full- or Part-time, stipend-paid internship in at an innovation-driven startup taking its first steps. Must be located in NYC for internship.
We are seeking an intern to join the Marketing and Community team. This individual will learn skills in social media marketing and community generation through participation in the public launch of Tastetracker. The learnings will contribute business-driving efforts to the platform's user growth.
The primary learning objective of this internship will be to develop skills in digital media marketing and general user generation strategies. Tasks will include participation in social media strategy and management, and use of referral networks and paid channels.
The secondary learning objective of this internship will involve influencer marketing. Tasks will include the identification and engagement of reputable influencers in a wide range of product categories covered by the Tastetracker app.
The individual in this role will gain exposure to the inner workings of an early stage startup, and direct contribution to the public launch of the product.
As with any startup, flexibility and pro-activeness is required. You will work directly with the Director of Community and the Founder, who recently built, sold, and exited a digital marketing business.
– Deep understanding of social network landscape and how to identify influencers
– Personable, and comfortable approaching target customers by email, phone, and in-person
– Experience using digital marketing tactics (particularly social media) to target consumers
– Interest leveraging user analytics
– Thorough and efficient work process
– Ability to find and execute solutions to unfamiliar problems
– An interest in both detailed and broad aspects of growing a new business (a.k.a. a startup)
Benefits & Perks:
– Daily stipend
– Exposure and hands on experience in early stages of getting a tech startup off the ground
– Access to events around the city for social media and networking
15-30 Hours Per Week