Full- or Part-time, stipend-paid internship in at an innovation-driven startup taking its first steps. Must be located in NYC for internship.
We are seeking an intern to join the Marketing and Community team. This individual will learn skills in social media marketing and community generation through participation in the public launch of Tastetracker. The learnings will contribute business-driving efforts to the platform's user growth.
The primary learning objective of this internship will be to develop skills in digital media marketing and general user generation strategies. Tasks will include participation in social media strategy and management, and use of referral networks and paid channels.
The secondary learning objective of this internship will involve influencer marketing. Tasks will include the identification and engagement of reputable influencers in a wide range of product categories covered by the Tastetracker app.
The individual in this role will gain exposure to the inner workings of an early stage startup, and direct contribution to the public launch of the product.
As with any startup, flexibility and pro-activeness is required. You will work directly with the Director of Community and the Founder, who recently built, sold, and exited a digital marketing business.
– Deep understanding of social network landscape and how to identify influencers
– Personable, and comfortable approaching target customers by email, phone, and in-person
– Experience using digital marketing tactics (particularly social media) to target consumers
– Interest leveraging user analytics
– Thorough and efficient work process
– Ability to find and execute solutions to unfamiliar problems
– An interest in both detailed and broad aspects of growing a new business (a.k.a. a startup)