AOL Corporate supports the entire business in attaining our common goals. From finance to marketing, technology to legal, analytics to human resources, we provide the vision, support and analysis that allow each business unit to achieve its mission.
The AOL Tax team is seeking a dynamic Tax intern for summer 2013. As a part of the Tax Controllership staff team, the Tax Intern would assist the team in the following general areas:
• Tax forecasting, accounting & reporting
• Tax compliance
• Issues resolution: examination, appeal and litigation support
Specific activities of the Tax Controllership team include the following:
• Provide proper tax accounting and reporting for AOL’s quarterly and annual SEC financial statements (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), and other special financial statement preparation or analysis as may be required.
• Prepare AOL’s monthly tax forecasts and flash reports, ensuring that tax results of operations, special projects and key transactions are properly reflected.
• Review the monthly reconciliations and validations of all tax accounts.
• Prepare all federal, state and local income tax filings, including U.S. reporting requirements for foreign operations.
• Draft responses to tax authority inquiries, and support tax appeals and litigation activities.
• Create and retain quality workpapers to sustain return positions upon examination.
• Ensure all personal work products in tax forecasting, accounting and compliance activities comply with SOX, all federal income tax statutes and regulations, and the AOL SBC.
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
• Process Oriented – excellent process & project management skills, focusing on delivering flawless quality in a highly efficient and timely manner.
• Team Oriented – a team player possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and nurture cross-functional teams and relationships both within and outside of the tax function.
• Systems Aptitude – familiarity and comfort using a broad range of systems and applications.
• Commercial and Technical Competence - strong tax technical knowledge, transactional experience, analytical, creative and proactive thinker with practical solutions, risk-minded, understands business and is tightly linked to business strategies and priorities.
• Results Oriented – a high-energy, driven individual with a problem solver mentality, demonstrating a strong bias for action and follow through to completion, and a willingness to tackle the most complex and difficult issues.
• People Oriented – respect for others, tactfully assertive, works well within a culturally diverse climate, sets and achieves stretch goals.
• Integrity – strong integrity, ethics, and compliance with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies.
• Organized – process & project management focused, establishes clear accountabilities, active hands-on style and follow through, quality minded.
• Currently enrolled college sophomore, junior or rising senior.
• Majoring in finance or accounting
• Available to intern 12-16 weeks