The Undergraduate Awards is a growing non-profit organisation and international academic awards programme based in Dublin, Ireland. With offices in the Google EMEA headquarters in Dublin and working with a small, young and vibrant team, this is an exciting opportunity for a project manager to gain hands-on experience. It is a unique opportunity to work on a growing non-profit start-up within the offices of the world’s most renowned internet brand.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Intern, Undergraduate Awards (UA)
UA Core team
This is a 12-week internship, ideally from May 15th to August 6th (dates are flexible for the right candidate)
1. To assist the Programme Coordinator in generating submissions to the UA 2013 programme from all third level institutions on the island of Ireland and top tier universities internationally.
2. To assist in the promotion of Undergraduate Awards on campus, through contact with lecturers, heads of departments, student unions and other student bodies.
3. To assist the Undergraduate Awards team in the creation, promotion and general management of various UA events.
Core Programme Development and Delivery
1. Maintain contact with students, lecturers and others in order to generate a target amount of submissions, answering queries and notifying the UA team of major issues and points raised.
2. Place a target number of daily calls to academic contacts, promoting UA to lecturers and heads of departments.
3. Assist in identifying and recruiting high-profile academics and business leaders as judging chairs for the judging process.
Marketing & Communications
4. At all times be a representative for the company and a strong advocate for its aims and objectives.
5. Assist the Communications & PR Coordinator on her annual communications plan, including online communications through undergraduateawards.com and social media outlets, press coverage, monthly newsletters and general on-campus communications.
6. Assist in the creation and assessment of an annual student survey, and in the communication of this survey to the wider public.
7. Assist in the operation of any events hosted by the Undergraduate Awards, including the Alumni dinner planned for May 2013.
8. Market the events effectively to third level institutions in order to guarantee sufficient attendance and parallel submissions to the awards.
9. Assist in the development and deployment of all Undergraduate Awards initiatives, by way of sepcific research assignments.
10. Attend a weekly team meeting, reviewing the day-to-day operations of the Undergraduate Awards.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (internal):
PR and Communications Coordinator
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (external):
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
A meaningful internship or other position with proven results in at least two of the following: 1) delivering to plan; 2) building effective relationships; 3) delivering on partnership/sponsorship opportunities; 4) working effectively within a multi-stakeholder.
• Approachable and friendly
• A self-starter
• A confident individual
• A desire to learn and develop professionally
• Ability to see the bigger picture and a desire to make a difference
• An eye for detail
Benefits & Perks: