We’re a busy boutique fashion PR agency located in Manhattan seeking motivated, self-starting interns for the Spring semester, starting January through May. Ideally seeking candidates who can commit to 3 days/week at hours of 10am - 5pm, any combination of M-Th (Fridays are not needed). This is a paid internship at $10/hr.
*Please note we are seeking current students ONLY, however recent grads may be considered.*
This is a hands-on internship perfect for someone with a strong desire to learn the in’s & out’s of fashion PR. Daily duties include:
- Media outreach & correspondence with top editors at digital & print publications as well as fashion & celebrity stylists
- Media list updating & research
- Sample trafficking & showroom maintenance
- Social Media content creation and execution across platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Light administrative tasks - answering the phone, scanning/copying, the occasional errand, etc
- Assisting at our Fall/Winter 2017 Press Preview, being held mid-April
You are a great candidate for this position if:
- You are a PR, Communications or Journalism major.
- You can commit to the schedule per the above.
- You are an exceptionally strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- You have relentless follow through skills, organization and attention to detail.
- You are the type of person who thinks beyond the scope of individual tasks and sees the bigger picture.
- You have prior internships/experience in fashion PR, social media & related communications fields.
- You are proficient in Facebook Fan Pages, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest
- You must have a GPA of minimum 3.0
To be considered for this position please submit the following:
2. If available: writing samples such as press releases, pitches, blog posts, etc.
3. If available: social media samples such as sample tweets, pins, instagrams, Facebook Fan page posts, etc.
4. Schedule: Please confirm your availability as far as start date & weekly schedule.
6. Your top 5 print publications and top 5 digital platforms (Can be fashion, industry, etc)
7. Why do you have an interest in fashion PR?
8. What makes you a great candidate for the position?
9. 2 business references and/or recommendation letters
*Please review and address all above as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!