People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds, and other “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.
PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.
What to Expect:
PETA is seeking outgoing, energetic crew members to travel to select cities as a part of a Virtual Reality Exhibit Crew. As part of this team, you will represent PETA and animal rights to people, delivering a strong message against cruelty to animals that will inspire others to relate to animals used in entertainment. Along the way, you'll distribute literature and help operate a cutting-edge exhibit on animal rights. Crew members receive a $320 weekly stipend.
• Knowledgeable about animal rights
• Responsible and able to work independently
• Outgoing and comfortable approaching strangers
• Prepared and able to commit to traveling extensively for up to two months at a time
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Adherence to a healthy vegan diet
• Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
• At least 21 years of age
• A careful driver with a clean driving record of at least three years and no major violations in the last five years
• Supportive of PETA's philosophy and the ability to advocate PETA's positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Term of Employment:
Full-time, temporary (From approximately May 18-July 31)
$320 weekly stipend