WELCOME TO SOUTHLOOPLOFT - AN ACCLAIMED RESOURCE FOR FINE VINTAGE FURNITURE, HOME DÉCOR, AND LIFESTYLE ACCESSORIES. WE TRAVEL THE COUNTRY (AND WORLD!) TO BRING YOU A THRILLING COLLECTION OF HOME GOODS THAT CAN EASILY TRANSLATE INTO TODAY'S MODERN HOME. OUR COLLECTION FEATURES COVETED PIECES FROM MANY PERIODS AND STYLES- LIKE ENGLISH LEATHER CHESTERFIELD SOFAS, MID CENTURY TEAK CREDENZAS, COLORFUL OVERDYED TURKISH RUGS, BOLD BRASS ETAGERES, ABSTRACT ART, ITALIAN CHANDELIERS AND FRENCH MARBLE END TABLES, ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES. FROM HANDSOME CLASSICS TO MODERN STATEMENT PIECES- THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERY HOME; BIG AND SMALL.
OUR ITEMS ARE SOURCED FROM ALL OVER- AND SHIP ALL OVER! FROM NEW YORK, LA AND EUROPE, OUR PIECES HAVE FOUND THEIR HOMES ON MOVIE SETS, CELEBRITY ESTATES AND LUXURY CLOTHING STORES. WHAT EXCITES US MOST IS KNOWING THAT OUR CLIENTS WILL LOVE THEIR PIECES FOR YEARS TO COME.
WE BELIEVE GOOD DESIGN AND QUALITY FURNISHINGS ARE THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF A HOME THAT BRINGS YOU JOY AND DELIGHT EACH TIME YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR. IN ADDITION TO OUR SHOWROOM COLLECTION, WE LOVE WORKING CLOSELY WITH CLIENTS TO FIND YOU THE PERFECT PIECES FOR YOUR HOME- WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR NIGHTSTANDS WITH SPECIFIC DIMENSIONS OR A STATEMENT MIRROR FOR YOUR DINING ROOM!
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Able to meet shifting deadlines
- Able to be a part of a start up team and take responsibility as needed
- Interest in design and interiors
- Proficient with Adobe Products and Microsoft Office
- Able to collaborate in a team environment and also work independently
- Availability of a minimum of 20 hours a week, including two weekends a month
- Ability to travel to our showroom in West Town a minimum of twice a week
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
A hands on, real life experience being an integral part of a growing business
The Potential for an ppportunity for Hire after Internship is Complete
Networking Opportunities and introductions in Chicago's Design + Creative Community
An opportunity to build community and create relationships with industry professionals
Daily learning opportunities and mentorship
Coffee and La Croix On Tap