About We Talk Weekly | Social Media Intern | Summer 2017:
We Talk Weekly is an cutting edge, independent television production that airs on Comcast & Verizon. The show is an award winning, energetic magazine talk show that
airs primetime, weekly in the Philadelphia market and on ROKU Boxes. The WTW team is looking for an intern that wants to grow a grassroots television program. This person must be energetic, willing to learn, and takes initiative. The social media intern must help develop a strong web presence and viewership through blogging and posting/tweets. It is important that this person becomes a content expert for WTW to share click worthy headlines for video clips from the show, photos, and newsworthy headlines. The internship will be part-time as well as occasional evening/weekend events throughout Philadelphia, PA.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
REQUIREMENTS/NECESSARY SKILLS FOR RECRUITMENT:
- Interest or major in in video/television production/film and/or public
- Proficiency in all major social media outlets
- Self starters capable of handling responsibility and take initiative
- Creative writer
- Daily access to Smart Phone & Computer
- Experience with graphic design and/or video production highly desireable
To apply, submit: Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include
“Social Media Intern Application” as the subject line
- Personalized Cover Letter & Resume
- Using the web, suggest three blog post topics for the month of February/March
- Using the current content from We Talk Weekly’s Youtube channel, suggest 3
headlines to promote specific clips from the show
- 1 writing sample
- Availability (days of week and hours)
Internship Description of Duties:
- Writing newsworthy blog posts on WTW site
- Covering events (red carpet, studio shoots, photo shoots, interviews, etc.) by taking
photos and post on WTW social media
- Updating our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Other social media related duties as assigned
Applicants should have reliable transportation and preferably be local to Philadelphia,
Must be available to work 15 hours per week between10:00 am-6:00pm as well as nights and
weekends for event coverage as needed. Ideal candidate has good, communication,
writing, phone, and computer skills.
Looking to hire for the month of March until June or longer.
Since this is an unpaid internship, we reimburse for any parking expenses for events.
This internship can also be used for college credit!