Wise & Company is a special events firm that specializes in planning and executing high-profile events in the entertainment, fashion and media industries. Our clients include Glamour and GQ magazines, the Tribeca Film Festival, Focus Features, Paramount Pictures, Lacoste and many more. We are looking for an intern to help us prepare for and manage our events during fall 2014.
Intern will work closely with Wise & Company staff to execute a variety of events such as movie premieres, fashion shows and award shows. Tasks and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Event RSVP list management
• Coordinating event staffing and overseeing staff on site
• Managing event mailing and guest communication
• Location scouting and vendor research
• Managing event logistics, including set up, etc.
• General office support
• Must be enrolled in college in New York City
• Must be available for in-person interview
• Must have reliable transportation to Wise & Company office each day he/she is working
• Must receive school credit for internship – internship is unpaid
• Must be willing to sign Wise & Company confidentiality agreement
• Proficiency in Excel and Word; proficiency in FileMaker PRO a plus
• VERY comfortable on Mac
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous work or internship experience
• Sophomore, junior or senior standing – no college graduates or freshmen
• Understanding of media and entertainment industries a plus
Internship hours are negotiable and dependent on school requirements, but will include evening events. Intern must be able to work at least two days a week – full days preferred, but not required.
Our ideal candidate is…
• Able to work independently and be productive during his or her time in the office
• Professional in demeanor, dress and communication with others
• Ready to be an integral part of a small team
• Eager to learn about the entertainment, media and event planning industries
• Able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.