Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
• Assist in coordinating the process of granting wishes by using Make-A-Wish policies, guidelines and procedures (includes referrals, volunteer assignments, wish coordination)
• Research all options for delivering wishes in the most cost-effective and high level quality manner
• Perform various clerical functions such as filing, typing, data entry, copying, recording information and mailing correspondence, creating itineraries, contacting vendors for donations, etc.
• Enter wish family information into database
• Maintains hard copy files and up-to-date information in database
• Answer phones and make follow-up calls as directed
• Track progress of wish interviews in conjunction with wish coordinator
• Will help to liaise with vendors (i.e. Give Kids the World for Disney wishes) and constituencies (i.e. volunteer corps, medical community) involved in the wish-granting process
• Special projects as needed