Wojo Design is a full-service Chicago web agency that helps clients at every stage from initial website design to online marketing and social media campaign implementation. We are seeking an ambitious and self-motivated online marketing intern who can take on a wide range of responsibilities.
This internship position will provide an excellent learning opportunity as you will work on a wide variety of projects and tasks. During the course of the internship you will become proficient with several content management systems, gain a detailed understanding of search engine optimization processes and techniques, develop online marketing campaigns at all stages, and work closely with the company founders.
* Performing keyword research for search engine optimization campaigns.
* Building links to client websites.
* Creating and updating social media profiles.
* Writing content for client websites.
* Updating websites in different content management systems (WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Craft).
* Formatting and editing images.
* Testing websites in different browsers.
* Assisting with project management duties.
* Communicating with clients via phone and email.
* Know your way around Microsoft Excel.
* Understanding of basic search engine optimization principles.
* Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
* Knowledge of common social media platforms like Twitter, Google+, etc.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Great writing skills.
* Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign, etc.)
* Experience with HTML/CSS.
* Experience running search engine optimization and/or social media campaigns.
This position is open immediately and will be filled once the appropriate candidate is found. This is a 4-month internship with the possibility for extension. You are expected to work 20 hours a week on average, however, we can be flexible to meet the needs of your schedule. You will work out of our West Loop Chicago office and you’ll be paid $12/hour.
Only applicants living in Chicago will be considered.