Make a Social Impact in Your Community! Here's How!
Are you a girl who wants to change the world? Do you have an idea that will make your community a better place?
I want to make sure you know about the ANNpower Vital Voices Initiative, a program that is training and empowering the Next Generation of Leaders.
- Ariela is building girls' strength and confidence through boxing and empowerment.
- Abby is teaming up to give kids in need a chance to play sports.
- Chelsea is inspiring teen girls in New York and beyond to realize their dreams.
- Karina is bringing computer science education to every girl.
- Nikki is unmasking teen dating violence through theater.
What will YOU do?
Here are the top 4 reasons you should apply today:
1. Make an Impact. This groundbreaking initiative empowers young women from across the U.S. to affect global progress, invest in their communities, and begin their journeys as the next generation of leaders.
2. Get the Tools. ANNpower Vital Voices selects 50 outstanding high school sophomores and juniors to become ANNpower Fellows. These Fellows participate in the ANNpower Vital Voices Leadership Forum, a three-day leadership training and mentorship program in Washington, DC!
3. Bring Your Vision to Life. After participating in the Forum, the Fellows are charged with transforming their ideas into action, and are eligible to receive ANNpower Grants of up to $2,500 to help them to implement projects in their communities.
4. Your Voice is Vital! ANNpower Grants are supporting projects that range from creating mentoring opportunities for young women entering politics, to enabling youth activism through the arts, to encouraging girls to enter the fields of science, technology, and math. Through these projects, our ANNpower Grantees are creating a ripple effect that we estimate will positively impact over 5,000 members of their collective communities throughout the country each year.
What are you waiting for? Get more information and APPLY HERE! Don't forget to hit Submit before Sunday, March 8 at 11:59 PM EST!
About ANNpower Vital Voices
The ANNpower Vital Voices Initiative is a groundbreaking partnership between ANN INC., the parent company of Ann Taylor and LOFT, and Vital Voices to empower young women from across the U.S. to affect global progress, invest in their communities, and begin their journeys as the next generation of leaders.
ANNpower Grants are awarded each fall to Fellows who have innovative ideas for projects that will affect a positive social change in their respective communities.
Announced as a “Commitment to Action” at the 2012 Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting, the ANNpower Advisory Council is composed of influential women in the media, business and entertainment who have displayed exceptional leadership. Members of the Council review, score and recommend outstanding grant proposals as well as serve as mentors to the Fellows and ambassadors of the ANNpower Initiative to the public. Currently, the ANNpower Advisory Council includes award-winning actress Kate Hudson, actress Jennifer Morrison ("Once Upon a Time," "House"), Kay Krill, President and CEO of ANN INC., and Alyse Nelson, President and CEO of Vital Voices Global Partnership.