Managing a Busy Schedule
This blog was written by our Penn State campus ambassador, Alex Wetzel.
Do you ever feel like there is not enough time in a day to get everything done? Trust me, you’re not alone. Feeling overwhelmed and busy is something that many college students experience daily. Whether you participate in numerous extra curricular activities, maintain a job or are a full time student, maybe even a combination of all three, one thing is for sure; figuring out a balancing act can be very difficult. Through experience, I have come up with a few tips to help make managing a busy schedule a little easier.
1. Make a to do list. - I can't stress enough how helpful making a list is. It allows you to prioritize your time and assignments. There is no better feeling than being able to see what you've accomplished on paper.
2. Invest in a planner. - Aside from making a to do list, having a planner can let you map out long-term assignments. You can fill in all your assignments and meetings at the beginning of the semester, so when due dates roll around, you will be prepared.
3. Set goals. - Setting goals, will not only make you feel accomplished, but it will motivate you to continue being productive once those goals have been met.
4. Use your phone to organize your schedule. - Use your smartphone to your advantage. Virtually put your assignments and engagements in your calendar. You can set reminders so that when you are on the go, you will never miss a meeting or assignment. Also, if your not a fan of making lists on paper, making a virtual one is an option too. Download a notepad app if you don’t already have one, so that you can jot important notes down on the go.
5. Relax. - Make time during your week to relax. Whether it's going for a run, watching a movie or pampering yourself, it is important to keep your body balanced, happy and healthy, so that you can be the best you that you can possibly be. If you are rejuvenated, you will be more focused on your work that needs to be done and you will continue to be productive. Remember, you've worked hard - you deserve it!