Naughty or Nice
This blog is written by Amanda G., our Campus Ambassador at Providence College. She is studying English and Business and will graduate May 2013. She hopes her internships at the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce and Planned Television Arts (Ruder-Finn) will help her land an entertainment marketing position in New York City.
I know how hard it is to balance school, work, and internships, but almost always you are your biggest obstacle to success. In the spirit of the holidays, rate yourself as “naughty” or “nice” in the following ten areas to see how much you have been helping or hurting your chances of being your best during fall semester.
1. Getting enough sleep
2. Volunteering more time than you have
3. Taking time to keep in touch and maintain relationships
4. Spending endless hours procrastinating on social media sites
5. Eating right
6. Overanalyzing and creating more stress for yourself
7. Exercising sufficiently
8. Putting off what should be your priorities
9. Working hard enough to feel confident about schoolwork
10. Underestimating your abilities
Hopefully you found that you have being doing a nice job achieving the odd numbers and avoiding the even numbers, but don’t worry if you’ve found things to work on! Before you go back to school, take the time to think about how you can make life a little bit easier for yourself—whether that means striving to be more healthy and energetic, trying to have a more positive attitude, or cutting back on some time-wasting activities.