This blog was written by Kristi Atkinson, our campus ambassador from University of Idaho!
Need resources for your holiday travels? We got &em here!
- The International Student Exchange ID Card (ISE Card) is an internationally recognized ID that will save you money on your travels abroad. Featured benefits include worldwide assistance, airline bankruptcy protection, student airfares, ISE Global Phonecard, emergency roadside assistance program, and discounts at over 100,000 businesses.
- AAA: The Show Your Card & Save® program offers discounts at more than 100,000 businesses. Savings include gyms, sport venues, dining, travel, entertainment and more.
- StudentUniverse.com provides students with exclusive travel deals. It focuses on hostels, flights, activities, group travel and rail passes.
- STAtravel.com is a youth travel agency that focuses on cheap flights, hostels, rail passes, tours, and even helps you plan your trip.
- KAYAK allows you to compare flight, hotel, and car rental deals; track your flight status; view and manage your trip itinerary; look up baggage fees; and access airline numbers and airport info. You can purchase the app for .99 cents in the App Store.
- Yelp allows you to search for any business near you; find great deals; check in on Facebook or Twitter; make reservations; look up the address or phone number; and narrow your search by neighborhood, distance, price and what’s is open at the time. Yelp is available for free in the App Store.
- Any weather app to check the weather and pack appropriately.
- Instagram is a social network that allows you pick from several photo filters and share it on your Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook. The app is available for free in the App Store.
- Any free wi-fi finder app
- Packing Pro allows you to create an unlimited amount of packing lists, provides sample lists, categorize your lists, total your values, email your list, and much more. The app is available for $2.99 in the App Store.
- TripIt takes all your trip details and creates a helpful itinerary and syncs it to your calendar. There is a free and a paid version in the App Store.