Spotlight: Amazing Internship at ClearVision in NY!
Want to be different?
Though not a household name, Long Island-based ClearVision Optical designs eyeglasses and sunglasses for some of today’s most well known brands like BCBGMAXAZRIA, Marc Ecko Cut & Sew, IZOD and Op, and distributes them all over the globe. ClearVision is a family owned business that’s been around for over 60 years. We base our success on our people, and take pride in creating a culture that’s centered on them.
Our internship program is different. We offer you exposure that will get you ready for the real world. You will work alongside professionals at the top of their game, doing hands-on work you can be proud of every day. But we don’t stop there: our program includes activities that create a holistic experience that sets the stage for your future.
Our interns help us in all aspects of our business – everything from working with the designers as they create our fashionable eyewear, to writing and blogging for our social media outreach, to managing sales analysis for all of our products…and everything in between (accounting, business, …you name it!)
Here’s what makes us different:
- Participation in philanthropic activities: Part of our company culture is to treat others how we wish to be treated. So we encourage interns to live by this mantra as they begin their careers. Our interns give back by participating in local philanthropic activities like volunteering at summer camp for special needs children and supporting events to benefit local food banks.
- Networking and mentorship: Through a series of one-to-one and group discussions, you’ll learn about the power of building business relationships from professionals who share their insight on career choices and goals.
- Intensive workshops: From learning how to usesocial media platforms to best represent yourself in today’s world, to focusing on how to bridge creativity and analytical skills for success, our workshops enhance abilities that are expected of today’s professionals -- innovation, resourcefulness, and solution-oriented thinking.
- Involvement in company activities: Part of the “CV Way” is creating a meaningful, healthy, and fun atmosphere. We do this through activities like Chair Zumba, a walking club, wellness workshops, massages and more, plus theme events like Pajama Day! You’ll be a part of the planning (and participation) of these cool events!
- “The Intern Video” project: Showcase your creative side! Each year, interns work with our marketing team to develop a video while learning current trends in marketing, public relations, social media and advertising. In 2012, the team created a parody of the widely popular “Call Me Maybe.” The “Hire Me Maybe” video is currently on YouTube!
With a ClearVision internship, you don’t feel like a student. You feel like a real employee. You make decisions. You give your opinions. And you’re valued.