This is a guest blog post written by our Campus Ambassador, Tory Nymick.
I am so excited to start my new summer internship with Delta Airlines this upcoming June! As I prep for takeoff, I’m making a list of the top summer internship essentials I need to pick up before I go. With these top 5 items, you can be set to go for your internship as well. Add them to your shopping list!
- A Cute Watch
- When school is in session, it’s easy to pull out my iPhone to check the time when I’m walking to class or texting a friend. Relying on my phone for time is a habit that I need to break before I get into the office. At the top of my checklist is a cute and reliable watch that I can sync to the office clock on my first day.
- A Versatile Cardigan
- I love summer fashion, but I always find myself shivering in the office with short sleeves. I want to invest in a basic, quality sweater that I can throw on with any outfit. Layering is essential during the summer because traveling to and from the office can have me sweating, but I regret not having an extra layer when the office AC is on full blast.
- A carry-all tote bag
- Now that I am entering the working world, I have decided to treat myself and get a “grown up” bag. My school backpack won’t cut it in the office. The ideal bag would be something structured and secure, and would have enough space for all my office essentials plus a lunch.
- Notebook and Pens
- I want to show up on the first day looking both polished and prepared. By bringing my own notebook, pens, and even my beloved planner, I will be able to jot notes down from the start and stay organized. Having a place to record my tasks and projects is absolutely imperative for me.
- A comfortable pair of shoes
- A girl can never have too many shoes, and I want to add to my collection by finding the perfect pair of flats for the office. They should be cute and stylish but also classy and practical. I also want them to be versatile enough so that I can dress them up or down, and look great with skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts, or sundresses.
I have a few other minor items on my list, but my top five will have me feeling prepared for my time in Atlanta with Delta. I will be working with 10 other interns from universities across the country for a ten-week program in the marketing department. I am thrilled to work for such a recognizable, global brand. After the summer program, I have the opportunity to become a Delta brand ambassador on Penn State’s campus, which I have gotten a lot of experience with through my work with the Intern Queen. I can’t wait to start my internship and see what I learn from my experience with Delta!