This blog is written by Silvia Magana who is currently studying abroad in Italy!
If you’re feeling stressed or want a delicious warm beverage it's as simple as chamomile tea
Chamomile Tea is my favorite tea I remember drinking it as a child and even using chamomile shampoo to naturally lighten my hair. As I poured the hot water into my mug I immediately smelled the chamomile and was surprised that it was so aromatic, nothing like the tea from the states. I then did some research and discovered that:
• The origins of Chamomile tea can be traced back to Ancient Egypt
• The early Romans are known to have consumed this tea in the form of a beverage and even used it as incense.
• Roman Chamomile tea does not stem from Rome, instead, is native to Western Europe and North Africa. This tea got its name in the 19th century when a botanist came across some Chamomile plants growing in the Roman Coliseum.
No wonder the tea smelled so delicious and authentic, it has a Roman history and Egyptian origins, so close to me. Chamomile tea is also beneficial in numerous ways :
• Relaxation and Sleep Inducer
• Muscle Relaxant (Especially, menstrual cramps)
• Blond hair when rinsed in Chamomile tea gets brightened naturally.
• Moisturizer for dry skin, and acne.
Facts courtesy of http://www.buzzle.com/articles/chamomile-tea.html