This is a guest post from our campus ambassador Alyssa Allen from University of Kentucky.
· Buy a planner! It will be the best investment you make during college. Highlight, color code, use post-its or whatever it takes to keep you organized! Be sure to write down assignments, exams, meetings, or anything important coming up.
· Plan ahead. Once the semester has started and you see advising appointments in the near future go ahead and plan your classes for the couple semesters. Planning ahead will not only help keep you on track but it will also allow you to have a little flexibility if you need to drop a class.
· Take time for yourself! We all know college is stressful and if you’re like me, it’s hard to stay focused when overwhelmed. Take an afternoon to yourself once a week to relax. Even if it’s just a few hours to get caught up on your favorite shows, work out, or pamper yourself with an at home mani/pedi. Trust me, it will pay off in the end!
· Take summer/winter term classes. I know this is your time to relax and take a break from school but taking classes during these semesters allow you to get caught up if you’ve fallen behind or even get ahead if you want to graduate a little early.
· Ask for help! If you know someone who has had your classes before or the same teacher get together with them to talk about it. They can usually provide helpful hints that will get you through the semester.
· Stay positive! Find quotes that inspire you and write them in your planner, on post-its, or on your mirror. Keeping a positive attitude even during the stressful, overwhelming times in the semester will make it easier to push through and before you know it graduation will be here!