This blog post was written by Maggie, our Campus Ambassador from the University of Kansas.
1. It's a stress-busting activity. Interning is hard work and it is essential to make time to blow off some steam. You will perform better on the job when you have had time for release while exercising.
2. You will be a happier intern. It's simple! Individuals who work out on a regular basis are more joyful people. If you exercise, you will be more likely to bring a smile to work.
3. It will crank up your energy levels. You may think that a cardio or weight session will wear you down, but it's actually the opposite. Squeeze in a workout before your internship and you will be awake and refreshed for the entire day.
4. You will feel better about yourself. Confidence shows through your attitude and work ethic. Get to the gym for a boost in self-esteem.
5. It helps you focus. Sometimes it's easy to get sidetracked from tasks, and that's the last thing you want to happen at an internship. Expending energy in your sweat session will ensure more concentration at your internship.
6. You will most likely eat healthier. Better health = a better intern. Studies show that you are more likely to choose nutritious foods after you work out. A wholesome diet paired with exercise will help you perform to the best of your ability!
7. You will be more creative. Exercise is a wonderful time to let your mind wander and mull over ideas. You may just think of fresh idea to bring to the table at your internship while you break a sweat.
8. It gives you balance. It's not healthy or beneficial to work tirelessly without breaks. You don't want to burn out! Exercise forces you to put down the papers and bust out some pushups. Leave the work thoughts at your job and get moving at the gym.
9. Exercise makes your more intelligent. Seriously! Studies show that you get more oxygen to your brain cells when you exercise. Don't you want more brain cells working efficiently while you are interning? That's what I thought!
10. Why wouldn't you? There is no excuse. You are doing something good for yourself even if it's just a ten-minute workout. Take the time to sweat and you will notice the positive effects in your interning abilities.