Top 5 Expenses To Watch Out for When You Graduate
I've been talking with a lot of recently graduated students about budgeting and what financial traps recent grads should watch out for. Here are 5 things that I spent TOO MUCH money on when I had my first real job:
1. Food. You are working several hours and have no time for yourself. Food is never a thought -- you eat at the last minute as soon as you get beyond starving. This adds up!
2. Drinks. You're social, you're networking. Everyone wants to get drinks with you. And if you are in a big city, those drinks add up!
3. Clothing. You have no time for anything -- including the laundry. So you either spend a ton at the Fluff N' Fold or you shop more than you should.
4. Coffee. If you are going to work crazy hours, you feel the need to stay crazy caffeinated. Trust me, those Starbucks habits add up!
5. Weddings. When I moved out to LA after college, everyone decided to get married. And to participate in all of those weddings was a HUGE expense!