*****I'm not a chef by any means - but whenever I'm actually in town I try my best to cook - although it's VERY tempting to order in (the Chinese food by my place is the best!!) I wanted to log a few of the recipes I make....I would love to say I get them from somewhere but most are just quick & easy and me playing around in the kitchen. Try my quick and easy turkey sausage meal - it takes 30 minutes (ish).
Note: This meal feeds approx 2 people.
1 Package of Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages (My favorite brand is JENNIEO) http://www.jennieo.com/products/76-Lean-Sweet-Italian-Turkey-Sausage
2. One Onion
3. One Green Pepper
4. Olive Oil
5. Your Favorite Spices/Seasonings (My picks: Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, Garlic and Red Pepper Spice, Garlic Powder)
My recipe is VERY easy:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350
2. Remove the sausages from the package and cut each sausage into four pieces.
3. Put all of the sausages into an oven-friendly casserole dish and leave them for 20 minutes.
4. Cut up the entire onion into small pieces.
5. Cut up the pepper into small pieces.
6. As the sausages bake, put the olive oil (use as much as you need to make the veggies soft and a little crispy around the edges), onions, and peppers in a large wok or pan over the stove. Cook until the peppers and onions are to your liking. Season while cooking as little or as much as you'd like.
6. After 20 minutes, use your oven hits to remove the casserole dish, and poor the sausages (and the juice from them) into the wok with the onion and peppers. Cook for another 5 minutes. Let sit for 2 minutes.
ENJOY! HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS.